Dear Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI) Participant,
CPI-PTP - Making Peace Happen: Our 30 years of Peacebuiding is having a significant local and global impact. Our world service is being called to a higher level of leadership to meet the critical challenges in this new era and we welcome your support.
This time of year is one of giving thanks, and appreciating family, friends, colleagues, and communities, of which you are a part. Thank you! Our gratitude to all you PeaceBuilders in the community of the Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI). Step by step, together, we are leading the way from a culture of war to a Culture of Peace.
Is there any question as to how important this is? It is also a time to share a little more about CPI, as part of our annual fund gathering drive.
This year we are celebrating the 30th anniversary of Pathways To Peace (PTP), the International Secretariat of the Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI) and a UN Peace Messenger Organization. CPI is inter-generational and inter-cultural, and has participants in all regions of the world. PTP has consultative status with the United Nations' Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and UN Department of Information (DPI). PTP has worked with the UN to observe and ignite participation in the International Day of Peace since its establishment in 1981. PTP has helped build this Peace Day from a single event into an annual world-wide observance that now reaches hundreds of millions of people.
To continue to meet the increasing requests for our services, CPI and PTP need your support.
The Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI) continues building cooperation among diverse organizations, groups, networks and programs; fostering and contributing to defining the field of Peacebuilding; stewarding a local/global Initiative highlighting the unseen and unheard Peacebuilders, revealing an emerging Culture of Peace along diverse pathways. The following gives you an idea as to our past, present and future accomplishments.
Reflecting on the Past:
- Pathways To Peace has worked with the UN since 1981 to build world-wide recognition, and participation in United Nation's International Day of Peace (Peace Day);
- initiates the inter-generational, local/global Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI) (1983), inaugurates the Rights of the Child Caucus (1990);
- works in refugee camps in Croatia and Sierra Leone mentoring young people in a Peace Education Program building their Peace Leadership skills (1994 to 1997);
- consults on implementable Peacebuilding programs at UN conferences on Habitat, Environment, Human Rights, Sustainable Development, Children's Rights, Women(1980's to present);
- creates the Children's World Peace Festival (1995);
- enlists the calendar publishing industry to print International Day of Peace on over one billion calendars beginning in 2009;
- from 1983 to present mentors emerging Peace Leaders;
- initiates the ground breaking Peacebuilding Into the 21st Century International Five Year Inquiry;
- provides leadership in PeaceBuilding Through Business. You are part of this continuing Peacebuilding.
Celebrating the Present:
- Co-sponsor of Women's Earth and Climate Caucus (WECC) at Rio+20 Earth Summit;
- creator of International Day of Peace (IDP) facebook page which has 54,350 members with 768,000 views in Peace Week;
- assist expansion of Peace Day to currently involve hundreds of millions of people world-wide;
- collaborate with Mayors for Peace (5,443 cities) and Rotary International;
- co-create with PeaceDay/CPI TV IDP Livestream viewers: 156 countries, 95,937 people;
- establish Culture of Peace infrastructure through CPI Berkshire (NY), CPI Canada (Montreal), CPI Rogue Valley (OR), CPI Malawi (Africa);
- featured speaker High Level Forum on the Culture of Peace. Pathways To Peace supporters like you made these accomplishments possible.
Action Plans for the Future:
- A global Peacebuilding news hub through renewal of the Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI) website and CPI TV;
- Urban Youth Program via face to face and Twitter;
- Peace education in Montreal, Canada and Berkshire County, NY schools;
- documentary film on the world-wide emerging culture of peace;
- initiate CPI International Action Forum;
- publish eBook on the emergence of PeaceBuilding;
- weekly internet CPI TV Rotary International program;
- strengthen relationship with First Nations and Native Friends learning Peace;
- upgrade PTP-CPI office support.
Please join the celebration by helping CPI reach our current fundraising goals: upgrades and enhancements to our websites, and creating additional outreach programs to many types of organizations, schools, governmental, NGO, cultural, businesses, media and more. Your gift and heart-full participation will allow us all to continue changing the course of history - from a culture of war to a Culture of Peace.
Pathways To Peace is a nonprofit 501(c)3 U.S. tax exempt organization. To help our efforts, please donate via our PayPal account on our CPI website, or by sending a check to: Pathways To Peace; PO Box 1057, Larkspur, CA 94977. Please direct questions to
. Thank you.
One cool way to help with our fund gathering is to purchase one or more of these products from the Culture of Peace store: Mugs, clocks, water bottles, coasters, magnets in 6 different designs adapted from our logo. Bring Peace home, to work, to school, to your friends and have the Culture of Peace Initiative(CPI) logo be a reminder that you too are a Pathway To Peace!
The logo was created by international artist, author and peace ambassador Irene Kai, and has inspired millions of people around the world. It is now available to you. By purchasing these products you will be supporting the Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI), a United Nations Peace Messenger Initiative, and Pathways To Peace. Designs include: May Peace Reside in Your Heart; Going Green and more.
David Wick, Team Leader
and the CPI Team: Michael Johnson, Melvin Weiner, Jean Trudel and Avon Mattison