Thank you for donating to Pathways To Peace and the Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI).
Step by step, together, we are leading the way from a culture of war to a culture of peace.
This year we are celebrating the 30th anniversary of Pathways To Peace (PTP), the International Secretariat of the Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI) which was inaugurated in 1984 and received the UN Peace Messenger designation in 1987. CPI is inter-generational and inter-cultural, and has participants in all regions of the world. PTP has consultative status with the United Nations' Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and UN Department of Information (DPI). PTP has worked with the UN to observe and promote the International Day of Peace since it's inception in 1981, and has nurtured this occasion from a single event of a few hundred people into an annual global observance that now reaches hundreds of millions of people every year.
Please join the celebration by helping us reach the PTP-CPI fund goal of $100,000. Our current fundraising goals include upgrades and enhancements to our websites, and creating additional outreach programs to many types of organizations - schools, governmental, NGO, cultural, businesses, media and more. Your gift and heart-full participation will allow us all to continue changing the course of history - from a culture of war to a Culture of Peace.
• Pathways To Peace has worked with the UN since 1981 to build world-wide recognition, and participation in United Nation's International Day of Peace (Peace Day);
• Initiates the inter-generational, local/global Culture of Peace Initiative(CPI) (1983), inaugurates the Rights of the Child Caucus (1990);
• Works in refugee camps in Croatia and Sierra Leone mentoring young people in a Peace Education Program building their Peace Leadership skills (1994 to 1997);
• Consults on implementable Peacebuilding programs at UN conferences on Habitat, Environment, Human Rights, Sustainable Development, Children's Rights, Women(1980's to present);
• Creates the Children's World Peace Festival (1995);
• Enlists the calendar publishing industry to print International Day of Peace on over one billion calendars beginning in 2009;
• From 1983 to present mentors emerging Peace Leaders;
• initiates the ground breaking Peacebuilding Into the 21st Century International Five Year Inquiry;
• Provides leadership in PeaceBuilding Through Business. You are part of this continuing Peacebuilding.
• Co-sponsor of Women's Earth and Climate Caucus (WECC) at Rio+20 Earth Summit;
• Creator of International Day of Peace (IDP) facebook page which has 54,350 members with 768,000 views in Peace Week;
• Assist expansion of Peace Day to currently involve hundreds of millions of people world-wide;
• Collaborate with Mayors for Peace (5,443 cities) and Rotary International;
• Co-create with PeaceDay/CPI TV IDP Livestream viewers: 156 countries, 95,937 people;
• Establish Culture of Peace infrastructure through CPI Berkshire (NY), CPI Rogue Valley (OR), CPI Malawi (Africa);
• Featured speaker High Level Forum on the Culture of Peace. Pathways. To Peace supporters like you made these accomplishments possible.
• A global Peacebuilding news hub through renewal of the Culture of Peace Initiative(CPI) website and CPI TV;
• Urban Youth Program via face to face and Twitter;
• Peace education in Montreal, Canada and Berkshire County, NY schools;
• Documentary film on the world-wide emerging culture of peace;
• Initiate CPI International Action Forum;
• Publish eBook on the emergence of PeaceBuilding;
• Weekly internet CPI TV Rotary International program;
• Strengthen relationship with First Nations and Native Friends learning Peace;
• Upgrade PTP-CPI office support.